I wanted to use beta-readers to tell me what they liked and hated about the story. But do I want fellow writers to think my work is a joke, no. So, do you think one can get away with only using beta-readers, or am I being stupid?
I can't afford professional editing. My budget only covers professional formatting and e-book + print covers. When I say budget, of course what I mean is that I'm still working to make the money.
Books I have read/are still reading
- Ditch the Publisher (Finished)
- Indiestructable (Finished)
- Secrets of successful writers (Finished)
- Write good or die (Finished)
- The naked truth about self-publishing (Still reading)
- Indie Author Survival guide (Still reading)
Anybody have any suggestions or further book recommendations? Thanks.