There comes a time in everyone’s life when they will find out what it is like to be unemployed. I have felt like this many times, as I have only ever had temp jobs and then the task of finding a new job ensues, boo hoo, who cares. Anyway, I have come up with a few ideas and things to do when you are unemployed and you have the need to fill your day, or just keep busy.
Of course there are the obvious things to do like:
- Update your CV or resume.
- Applying for new jobs.
If however you have done all that and you still have extra time left, you can do this:
- Watch all the movies you have missed out on the past few months and in my case, even years.
- Read all the books in your book pile that you have promised to get to, but never did.
- Write that great novel you have had bubbling inside you for years.
- Get a hobby like gardening, learn to play guitar or even start a blog or in my case learn to be a better blogger.
- Catch up with friends and family you haven’t spoken to in ages, in my case I avoid all of them because they are far more successful than me and my ego needs a break.
- Watch a few new series or catch up with the old ones you have missed.
- Do tons of window shopping.
- Learn to actually cook or bake.
- Take on those DIY jobs you have been putting off.
- Get some exercise. Something I really need to start doing. My love handles are telling me so.
- Actually start caring about what you are eating, so taking on healthier eating habits.
What would you add to this list as something to do when you are unemployed and looking for something to do?